Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help regarding Movie Maker.

I'm running Windows 7-64bit. About a year ago, I kept getting an error "Movie Maker has stopped working" whenever I ran it. After extensive google search, I had tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling to editing my registry. Nothing worked. Finally I came across a fix posted somewhere. The fix was to delete a specific update from the list of windows updates I had installed a few months ago. That update conflicted with movie maker and caused problems.

Seems like I installed that update again now. But, I cant remember or cant find what the name of that update was. If anyone knows which update I'm talking about, or has some other kind of solution for me, please do let me know.

Other solution should not involve updating drivers, uninstalling windows live or windows itself, checking for viruses, clean install of windows live movie maker. This is because I've done all that and I know it doesn't work for this error.

Attached jpegs show the details of the error.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: Windows Live Movie Maker Issue

I think we need more information. Laptop or desktop and specs for whichever - If desktop do you have 2 graphics cards, if so, turn one off. Also, there are, in some systems, known issues with Nero, you could check this out. Also, right-click on MV in the programs list and check on the settings. Silly, but we have to ask, have you updated your video card drivers, are you running the latest DirectX. If your video card is already updated, have you tried rolling it back to a previous version?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.