Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Yeah I have a BIG technical problem, PLEASE HELP ME! This is what I did:

I wanted to install this driver called Alcohol 120% for my CD Optical Drive... While installing, Windows warned me and said "This driver has an unknown certificate" and I pressed Continue anyway. Five seconds after that, the laptop froze and the Blue Screen Of Death appeared- " Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.." and it said I need to use the Windows Installation CD to repair, but I don't have any, I bought my Sony VAIO CR laptop from a Duty Free Store in Dubai, so It didn't come with the package! Please help! Any way I can download the Windows Installation CD files onto a CD to replicate? I really need help PLEASE!!! Here is the info on my laptop

SONY VAIO CR

Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo Processor
Intel Media Graphics Accelerator x3100
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Service Pack 1

HELP PLEASE! If you can,

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Windows failed to start, and will never start...;(

Did you try pressing F8 and then last known good configuration that should revert the drivers back to the state before.

KOACHWIZ**

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts

can you get into safe mode
call Sony in your area to ask them send you the recovery disks.
i could not find a phone no. for israel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah I forgot to put that in my post. And I don't live in Israel. I'm American, and I happen to live in France - I just took my World of Warcraft Character name so it's easier for me to remember :p

I tried everything I could with the normal boot options as well as the advanced Boot Options (F8): Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Start Windows Normally, Last Known Configuration, Boot Log, Memory Log, EVERY OPTION I TRIED just didn't work - that damn BSOD kept popping up!

But a user recently posted a Recovery Disk .ISO file uploaded by NeoSmart for download.. I burnt the image to disk and put it in my CD Drive, then it started working. Then the install Windows Vista window came up. I chose the language, then on the next step I clicked "Repair your Computer" then it asked to system restore as a first step, as it might help you get your computer back working again. So it started searching for problems, then it started restoring the system. After a restart, my computer started working again! I got so damn happy, because I was worried - It was my birthday present and it wasn't even HALF a year old!

Thank you all for your help anyways :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.