Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] [Windows 7] Programs Go Non-Responsive on Load-File

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jcgriff2 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm running Windows 7 (Release version, that's all I know I'm afraid) and the last couple days whenever I've tried to load a file through any program, that program goes unresponsive and ultimately has to be closed. To better explain the problem, here's an image of what's going on:

As soon as the load file window opens, the program freezes, and as soon as it's clicked the "-Programname- has stopped working" window opens up. I'd very much prefer not to have to reinstall 7 if avoidable, but this is an issue I really can't just deal with, so I'm hoping there's a fix that doesn't require reinstalling. Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: [Windows 7] Programs Go Non-Responsive on Load-File

Hi

is this a problem with just this particular program or all programs? If it's just this one, have you checked to see if the program is compatible with W7? It may also be worth trying to run it in XP SP3 mode with admin rights?

Are you bang up to date with all windows updates?

#4 ·
Re: [Windows 7] Programs Go Non-Responsive on Load-File

Sorry to double post, but I managed to fix this by installing an optional update "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems" so if anyone else has this problem, see if this fixes it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.