Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M installing windows 7 form an unlegit copy of windows xp (I didn't to that, friend did :(. He kinda ripped me off, anyway) we bought a good legit copy, did a custom install from xp, not from disc as it would not let us, due to some kind of virtual drive being created, when unlegit copy was installed (I think). When it went to restart, it started up, loaded a bit, than went to a black screen where it read "starting windows" except without the usual logo. We are planning to do a hard drive format to clean it up and boot off disc to fix, any other simpler solutions?

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
Re: Windows 7 install stuck on starting windows with no icon?

If you are trying to upgrade XP to Windows 7, you can't as there's no upgrade path from XP to Windows 7. Windows 7 has to be installed on to an empty partition using a full version Windows 7 DVD (ie not an upgrade version).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah it's okay, we didn't have an upgrade, we did have a full version, it had something to do with the bios of the computer, as we wakked the hdd into another computer formatted it returned it to original computer, didn't work, so we tried doing it on the other computer, it worked, than we put it into the original again and it started up fine :) SOLVED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.