Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The so-called 'God mode' in Windows 7 was a replacement for the Control Panel.

When I first installed it, the search box at the top allowed me to search the Control Panel for say 'Time' and it would take me to the appropriate part of the Control Panel.

Recently terms put into the search box take me to the Web instead of Control Panel. I enter 'time' and it tries for http://time.

How do I set it back as it was. I have re-installed it.

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,292 Posts
Re: Windows 7 - God Mode

Hi-

The "God Mode" is basically a link to access all of control panels operations, as for example instead of going to user accounts and then to create a user, you can look in "God Mode" and find create a user account from there, it is a nice way of finding the many different things available with control panel, though by no means a "God Mode"

Ill find how to create as there are more than one for different OSs

EDIT: Understanding Windows 7's 'GodMode' | Beyond Binary - CNET News

You can use it for Vista 32-bit and Win.7 32- and 64-bit, however problems are reported for Vista 64-bit

To create:
To enter "GodMode," one need only create a new folder and then rename the folder to the following:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}​
Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Windows 7 - God Mode [SOLVED]

Hi-

The "God Mode" is basically a link to access all of control panels operations, as for example instead of going to user accounts and then to create a user, you can look in "God Mode" and find create a user account from there, it is a nice way of finding the many different things available with control panel, though by no means a "God Mode"

Ill find how to create as there are more than one for different OSs

EDIT: Understanding Windows 7's 'GodMode' | Beyond Binary - CNET News

You can use it for Vista 32-bit and Win.7 32- and 64-bit, however problems are reported for Vista 64-bit

To create:
Regards,

Mark
OK. Thanks for the reply.

Windows Search was disabled which is why it didn't work!

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.