Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 Zebra Label Printers (2 models) that are shared printers on two separate computers (both with XP) on our networked that are pushed out to all the other computers on the network via group policy on/print management on the server (Server 2003). One of these printers will push out to the Windows 7 machine but the other one will not. If you try to add it manually on the Windows 7 machine the printer is listed as one of the network printers however it will error, saying it cannot make a connection with an error code of 0x0000007a. Looking in Print Management on the server the printer that does push out is on the list of printers and the that does not push out is not, even though it is listed in the list of printers under printers and faxes. This printer has added to deploy under group policy though and still does not push out to the Windows 7 machines but will to all our XP machines. Anyone have a solution on how to remedy the problem?

·
Visiting BSOD Expert, Microsoft Support Team
781 Posts
Re: Windows 7 & Network Printer Issue

Are you specifically using a driver designed for Windows 7 on the Win7 machines? By default, the print server will push out the driver installed to the client when first connected, so if the driver being used is for XP or 2003, it may not work properly under Win7. That error message means "ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER", which would indicate a driver issue indeed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Windows 7 & Network Printer Issue

Yep, that was the problem. I thought the driver installed was correct but I tried another and that resolved the issue. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.