Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the exact same problem, and the work around for firefox worked too. I was able to boot in Safemode, and went into Remove programs. This is a 3week old New laptop from Asus, and have only loaded Adobe CS3, Firefox, World of Warcraft, and Ventrilo client. One program i saw listed as 5days ago was called "relevent knowledge" i have never heard of it, from what i can find about it, its a spyware. After i deleted it and rebooted it seems to be working properly.

I hope this helps, ill update if the problem has returned.

Edit:I am running Win7 64bit home premium on an Asus K50AB laptop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: Windows 7 freezes after startup

Nice one lazybean, however for a 3 week old laptop to get spyware so quickly with windows 7 is a bit of a worry. I hope you have your laptop fully protected now so as to stop that from happening again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Windows 7 freezes after startup

I think some one at the family get together was surfing the web and clicked on one of those "take a survey" and installed it. (everyone wanted to check out the new Win7). But i didnt have Noscript or spybot installed yet.

Update:
I was on it for 3 hours last night playing a little WoW, but mostly working in Illustrator. I also logged on and off a few times, and it is working fine.

I just cant believe a Spyware was causing such a problem. but i am happy its back up and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.