Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Dell computer with Windows 7. It may work fine for a while then the address bar and the search bars get a continuous running 1'1'1'1'1'1'1'1' and I can't do anything on the computer but shut it down. I can't even get into the Start Menu because this is happening in the search bar there too. I was typing a message in Facebook this morning and right in the middle of a sentence it started with the continuous 1'1'1'1' I just had to exit because it won't stop.
I am so frustrated! What is going on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's wrong with my computer

This is a desktop computer. The number 1 key doesn't appear to be stuck. I can go along just fine and it happens. A real mystery to me! Before it started doing 1'1'1'1'1' it was doing [0-9-[0-9- in succession.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What's wrong with my computer

I thought this problem might be a little hard for me to handle as I'm kinda computer illiterate. I contacted an IT person and he couldn't find any malware or viruses. I bought a new wireless keyboard and he thought that might be the problem. So...we installed the software for it and hopefully we are up and running again. I can't tell you how much I appreciated your support. Thanks so much for spending your time trying to help me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.