Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi . i recently reinstalled my vista os. due it being a dog and corrupting all over the place.however when i reinstalled, i was given the option to choose some updates. so what the hell ,i install about 49 updates. most being security fixes. and now my laptop runs extremely slow.
on starcraft battle net, ppl swear at me saying, **** you for the lag.
And its all thanks to microwank. if i could get a refund i would, but sadly that is not the case.thanks ya nazis.

anywho, i went to my updates and uninstalled all the updates . then i click reboot to complete the operation. but funnily enough, the computer crashes and stayes at black screen. and i have tried to uninstall updates multiple times. then when i click the power off button and reboot. im back with all them lovley security updates that i just so need in my life and also to be prepared for a nuclear fallout.No matter how hard i try uninstalling and rebooting, it just wont work.

Also, i have 100 % cpu usage. im wondering if this can be any program that was awakened when the updates infected my comp.on my task manager.it says cpu usage 100% but it dosent list enough apps to cover 100%..
so please if anyone would know how i can make my comp run smoothly and quickly.
pleae would anyone have any advice.thanks for reading

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Vista running incredibly slow after update.+cant uninstall updates.

Click start > run > msconfig
click the "startup" tab
uncheck everything except your antivirus
restart your computer.

Right Click "Computer", select your main drive, right click, select properties then tools. Defrag the main drive. Even if it tells you it doesn't need it, defrag it anyways.

Run a Registry cleaner, you can get a good one from here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download

clean the junk files and repair the registry. Restart again and give it another whirl.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thankyou very much.yah it worked ^o*

·
Registered
2 Posts

i have a quad core, 6600 that has core 1 @ 100% core 2-3 @12% and core 4 @ 89% for about 5-7 min after restart or shutdown...... 4 gig ram...task manger show "system" eating 28-37% cpu and system IDLE taking the rest?

just nuts...if you touch it it wants to close windows EXPLORER.......not IE but explorer

HELP

·
Registered
1 Posts

i everybody,

i want ask you all some question..
i using vista os..
after i update my hard disk space only have 1.6GB

1.cant i uninstall update?
2.what damage or effect after i uninstall the update?
3.in the window update..need update all the patch or only the latest update?

thanks..hope you all can help me
tq2:grin:

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts

hi and welcome markjc2002 and tenko.life please be advised that you would be better to start your own threads you have more chance of getting help for your problems that way regards joeten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.