Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I can't seem to figure this out.. I'm trying to set up a remote connection with Remote Desktop. My port (3389) is forwarded and I can tell my remote machine is connecting to my PC because it's bringing up my user profile icon for my Vista user account, but its prompting for authnetication. I don't use Windows authentication locally and I've tried my DNS password, my network WPA password, and nothing is working. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Vista Remote Desktop Authentication

Hey Jay, thanks for getting back to me my man. I tried COMPUTER\user this morning and got the same results, prompted for Windows password. Here's what I'm wondering.. I was perusing through the Docs on here, and elsewhere and I have this..

All these docs have this:

Is that my issue? Like you said I need to be able to add Users for Remote Access, but it doesn't seem I can. Any way around this that you know of? Aside from 3rd party stuff..

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Vista Remote Desktop Authnetication

There it is..
You cannot use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to computers running Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Basic N, or Windows Vista Home Premium. You can, however, connect from those editions of Windows Vista to computers running other versions of Windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.