Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems setting up my DSL network for a week now. Verizon hasn't helped out a whole lot, and were supposed to come help set it up, but never showed. So...

I have Westell Model 7500 modem/router all-in-one. It is being run through a dry-line-- meaning I have no actual home phone number it's going through. I am connecting it through Vista. I used the software that came with the package, and everything seems to be installed correctly, however, when I try to connect to it, wired or wireless, it says it has limited connectivity. Also, a window pops up asking for the name of the router and the password... but I haven't been able to set that up (another problem that I've been having). If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,027 Posts
Re: Verizon DSL Connection Problems

This clearly seems to be a Verizon issue, I'd get on the phone with them and start being the squeaky wheel! :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Verizon DSL Connection Problems

I found out the problem. I had the modem connected to the phonejack in my bedroom, and I happened to look at the phonejack, and it's in pretty bad shape. So I decided to hook up the DSL in the living room, and what do you know, it worked right away! I looked closer at the phonejack, and whoever wired it was an idiot. It was upside down to begin with, and the wiring was all backwards!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.