Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your computer meets all of the system requirements for a game except the brand or type of your video card does that mean it will cause hardware problems if you play it? I have an ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200m iteragated graphics, I played madden nfl 2004 on it and the graphics were superb and everything was fine cause I had pixel shader 2.0, vertex shader 2.0, 64mb memory, hardwareT&L, Video card 3d acceloration, and HW Rasterazation. Everything matched except for the brand and type. A few months lates I had sevre problems with my video chip on my motherboard. I got that fixed but Now im wondering if I do it again I will have problems. Here's a readout for Star Wars republic commando from my favorite game testing site www.canurinit.com

Video Card
Minimum: 64 MB 3D Video Card with Pixel and Vertex Shader capability (GeForce3+ /Radeon 8500+ /Intel 915G+)
You Have: ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200M
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 64 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 2.0

Everything was fine except for
this. It showed a failed sign for this and above it said my computer is unable to run this game
(GeForce3+ /Radeon 8500+ /Intel 915G+)

I played it and it works fine. but if I keep playing it will that destroy my motherboard? Please help.:4-dontkno

Regards, Josh

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Re: Unsupported Game Cause Motherboard problem?

If the game runs fine, play it. You wont hurt anything, it will work or
it wont.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.