Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I'm in the middle of installing Windows 7 Pro x64, but it's giving me the message "Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows installation". This occurs after I click "Load Driver" and select my Rapid Storage Tech driver from my USB stick.

This is the driver I'm trying to install: Lenovo Support - Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista (64-bit) and XP (64-bit) - ThinkPad

I've even tried rebuilding my Windows 7 image in RT Seven Lite with the "Force Unsigned driver integration" checkbox checked. I still get the message after burning that ISO, and retrying the installation. How do I force unsigned driver installation?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation

Nevermind, I just let the install finish as normal, and I haven't gotten any bluescreens. For future thread visitors, just make sure your SATA mode in the BIOS is set to "AHCI", and not "Compatibility", and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation

DeltaFox, nice job on finding the solution to your problem and thank you for posting it for future visitors.

As you have solved the problem, please could you set this thread as solved using the Thread Tools, thank you (scroll to top of thread to see thread tools).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.