Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
There are about 10 - 12 photoes accumulated in the Document/My Picture. Then, I created one folder named '2014 photoes.' When I attempted to move those photoes into a newly created folder '2014 Photoes' by using a mouse, it does NOT move. Even single photo does not move into the newly created folder named '2014 photoes.' It appears to me 'lock' or some issue being unable to move.:confused:

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
Re: Unable to move photo or file into the Folder

did you try copy the file then paste in the new folder? are you the admin on the computer and for that folder? what about in safemode?

if none of the above works, how did the pictures get in the folder to begin with?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,464 Posts

Are there any error messages when your attempting to move the pictures? How are you moving the pictures? Like sobeit stated, copy/paste is your best option.

Select the pictures you want, then right click them, select copy, go to new folder and open it, right click and select paste. The process should only take a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the size of the files being moved.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks both for the solution to this.

Copy and Paste works REALLY well.

However, if possible, I want to eliminate 'clutter' to move those ten to twelve photoes into the newly created '2014 Photo' folder.

If that is impossible to do, then I gladly settle the solution offered.

I really appreciate both, because I spent almost an hour for this late last nite, however it was impossible for me to figure it out.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Snowflake,

Excuse me if I am wrong, but are you wanting to move the photo's into the "Photo's 2014" folder that you created?

If that's what you want, simply right click the photo's you want to move, select copy... then open "Photo's 2014" (the folder you created), right click inside the folder and select "paste".

Your photo's will be copied from their current location and pasted into the folder you're trying to relocate them to!

If I've got it wrong then I expect someone else will offer more info if I cannot! :)

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts

Thanks both for the solution to this.

Copy and Paste works REALLY well.

However, if possible, I want to eliminate 'clutter' to move those ten to twelve photoes into the newly created '2014 Photo' folder.

If that is impossible to do, then I gladly settle the solution offered.

I really appreciate both, because I spent almost an hour for this late last nite, however it was impossible for me to figure it out.

Thanks,
ONe other thing, check the folder and file properties security settings. see if they can be read and write. if not make it so. if does not help, you need to answer my previous question about where the photos originally came from.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ONe other thing, check the folder and file properties security settings. see if they can be read and write. if not make it so. if does not help, you need to answer my previous question about where the photos originally came from.
Thanks both for the follow-up.

The photoes came directly from my Digital Camera.

Also, 'Security,' .... 'write and read' both'grayed-out, not accessible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.