Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been facing problems downloading using other browsers such as google chrome and Firefox 3.6. I am able to browse using these but I can't download. I can only download using Internet Explorer. I have tried doing a clean reinstall for Firefox and Chrome but it didn't work. Is there any setting that I can do? Firefox seems to hang each time I go to Tools->options. No idea why.I am using Windows XP SP3. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Unable to download using other browsers besides Internet Explorer 8

what happens when you try to download in Firefox and CHrome?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Both Firefox and Google Chrome tend to freeze each time I perform a download. In fact, I can't go to tools->options in Firefox as my my firefox hangs. I have tried doing clean reinstalls but nothing seemed to work. My Firefox was working fine for two years. Hopefully, someone can help me! Pleaseee!

·
Registered
5 Posts

maybe you are experiencing a conflict between the multiple browsers I have vista so I am not familiar with xp even though my school runs them try to go to the defaults section and see what browser is the default and what one opens certain html docs etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts

does the download window open at all?
and what site are you trying to download from? have you considered it's the sites?
how about your firewall/antivirus, could it be blocking it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The download windows don't open either. I tried disabling my BitDefender firewall and downloading but it did not work. I can NEITHER download from any site nor download my e-mail attachements with Firefox and Google Chrome. I wonder why?:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you very much. I realized that my Java version was not updated so I updated it and it works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.