Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I'm running Vista 32 bit, and am having trouble creating a manual system restore point. I have gone to System Protection unchecked drive and restated computer. I then went back checked appropriate box and attempted to create restore point. During processing an error box appeared and stated restore point could not be created, due to shadow box provider had unexpected error while trying to process operation. (0x8004230F).

Also I use a 500gb Passport to back up my Documents. When I right click on Document and click send to, Passport no longer is listed. I checked My Computer and it shows Passport there? This past week I downloaded AVG PC Tune Up and optimized my computer operation, I'm wondering if perhaps some of the computer settings were changed during this process?

Thanks in advance for your help. Paul

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: UNABLE TO COMPLETE MANUAL SYSTEM RESTORE POINT

Hello: I'm running Vista 32 bit, and am having trouble creating a manual system restore point. I have gone to System Protection unchecked drive and restated computer. I then went back checked appropriate box and attempted to create restore point. During processing an error box appeared and stated restore point could not be created, due to shadow box provider had unexpected error while trying to process operation. (0x8004230F).

Also I use a 500gb Passport to back up my Documents. When I right click on Document and click send to, Passport no longer is listed. I checked My Computer and it shows Passport there? This past week I downloaded AVG PC Tune Up and optimized my computer operation, I'm wondering if perhaps some of the computer settings were changed during this process?

Thanks in advance for your help. Paul

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,800 Posts

There is little point in quoting your post did you check the link

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

tried the info you suggested
without results. I then uninstalled AEG PC Tune up and now computer working fine again. Thanks for your help.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,800 Posts

Glad to hear it pc tune up and reg cleaners are not required and can do more harm than good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.