Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the network I connect to almost always comes up after a starting up my computer or rebooting my computer. However if I become disconnected I cannot find it again until a reboot (almost always). The connection is always very strong when I find it so weak connection is not the problem.
When I go into the control panel under manage wireless connections the network comes up under different names. For instance I will have "Pinecone" "Pinecone 2" "Pinecone 2 3". The network should just be called pinecone.

Its a secured network and it does have some minor security functions, like it comes up as Unnamed Network.

What going on?

·
Registered
20,461 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Trouble picking up my network

Okay, I removed the existing profiles and then I found the network connected to it and saved it as a new profile. Is that what you meant?
I noticed if I manually disconnect the network will remain as pinecone, there will also be another network under it called Unnamed network which is also just pinecone, I dont know why that is. However if i close my computer (it goes to sleep) and open it again I get disconnected and I cannot find it still.

Thanks for helping..:grin:

·
Registered
20,461 Posts

Another thing for your to do - Disable the problematic Wireless Network Adapter's power saving mode from Device Manager, locate the Network Adapter=> Properties=> Power Management Tab, in here you may disable any Power Save mode options by unchecking them off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It seems to be working now just from removing the old profiles and creating a new one, if it happens again I will just repeat that.

Thank you :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.