Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a sim ilar problem....im building a new comp0uter atx mobo dual core cpu etc etc well...im using a 200 gig maxtor ide hard drive but for some reason the mobo isnt accepting the harddrive ive tried everything i cant think of itll goto the xp load screen and then a blue error page with white writing im wondering if i shouldnt just get a sata hard drive any suggestion!?!?

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Re: Trouble booting up

Welcome to TSF. :wave:

You have to tell us the brands/models of the HDD and the motherboard and the exact blue screen message.
How is the HDD connected? Master/slave? Is it the only drive on the cable?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

the mobo is a pcchips a33g and the hard drive is set on master (anyway i set it it wont accept it even after changing the setting in bios) and yes its the only drive i on the cable, heres the error message

"a probelm has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if thius is the first time your seeing this error screenrestart you computer and if this screen appears agian follow these steps

check for viruses on your pc remove any newly installed hard drives or controllers check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.run chdsk /F to check for hard drive curruption and then restart your computer"

the thing is xp is the only thing ive been asble to put on the hard drive i have about 6 other discs of softwareto install and it wont let me put any of it on

·
Registered
25,111 Posts

Are you using an 80 connector cable or one of the old (look alike) 40 connector cables? You need an 80 connector cable.

Set the jumpers to Master....put the hard drive on the end of the ribbon cable and try it.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts

Would you mind sharing what solved the issue so we can get the information that might help someone else. Oh, also hope you stick around and enjoy the forum. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well when i installed xp i guess it poped the disc out before it had finalized so i just booted to disk drive with xp disc and i set it all back up and now it works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.