Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
My audio has lost sound in recent time:
I've updated all drivers recently. First, sound is OK, but after I use Firefox or some App like Viber: it begins no sound. If I uninstall Audio devices in Devise Manager, and click on speaker icon, a correction program executes automaticly and sound works again.
My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L745D PSC16C 006003, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Audio card: ATI (AMD) BearverCreek HDMI Audio[Radeon HD6500D and 6400G-6600G Series]

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Re: Toshiba Satellite lost sound

Hi johnleecan :wave:

Try downloading the audio-drivers from Toshiba, rather than letting Windows find them. I can't get to the exact page for your laptop 'cos the Toshiba site is detecting I'm in the UK, rather than USA/Latin America, but you can start from here - Link

Uninstall the old sound-chip driver, then install the new one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hi WereBo,
I've downloaded the most recent audio driver from Toshiba Canada which is only for Windows 7 and installed it.
The same problem happens.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts

Does the sound work OK from other programs i.e. media-player etc?

If yes, check though the various options/preferences for audio-settings, on the faulty programs. As a last resort, you could try re-installing the faulty progs, if there's not too many of 'em - Firefox should be safe to uninstall and re-install, all your stored info (bookmarks, address-books etc. are stored in separate folders from the main prog).

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Hardwa
19,823 Posts

Did the laptop ship with Win8 or was it upgraded?

The only recommended drivers are those supplied by the manufacturer. If you are using an OS not supported, you may or may not be able to resolve the issue. OEM drivers, especially laptops, are often specific to a model or model line. General chipset drivers, from Windows or the chipset supplier, often do not work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi all,
My laptop is shipped with Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro.
I think JIME is right, so my laptop sound problem can't be resolved?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hello,

:whistling:I have problem similar to yours (Satellite c655d-s5200, 3g ram, win 7 home premium sp1 with latest updates 64bit, conexant smart audio hd, file version 12/13/12. I tried reinstalling the driver i got from Toshiba, doing the audio reset from the toolbar (restore defaults, do nothing). Nothing works:angry:

My sound cuts off about 30-60 seconds into whatever application I'm using chrome/youtube, skype, etc. :cry: It's very frustrating and since it isn't just the browser I don't see where reloading will help:banghead: I'll keep looking but since you havn't found a solution and are problems sound identical, I don't see the use in posting another thread.:facepalm: Hopefully some dear soul will read this and have an answer.:angel::angel: In the meantime I'm off to the toshiba site.:wavey:

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Hardwa
19,823 Posts

Typically the sign of faulty hardware.

You can try manually updating/reinstalling the audio drivers.

I have seen a few cases where it was the result of some OS/software/driver glitch, and a fresh install of the OS (and all drivers/software) resolved the problem. But it's usually just faulty hardware.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts

It's very likely to be a faulty audio-chip or related circuitry, unfortunately, there's no way to repair laptops easily, if the warranty hasn't expired, you could return for repair.

Alternatively, you can get a USB-sound card, they don't have the usual bells & whistles associated with full-sized cards, but they can produce a decent sound from whatever source. They also come in a range of sizes and prices, examples of what's available here - Link

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hi all,
So it seems a sound hardware problem, we can't resolved it. Thank you anyway.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts

Y' welcome and sorry the result couldn't be more positive for you :sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.