Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
so i installed XP on this machine which came with Vista preinstalled (it has original bios) and downloaded the Toshiba drivers, but the cpu temp is always 50+ degrees when idle and the fan never stops. however, it stops at 46 in Vista so i lowered the temp with CPU Eat 'n' Cool but the fan is still blowing no matter what. what should i do/wnload? please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Toshiba A200/XP - fan always on

ok i guess it's not the fan but the cpu running hot... even on battery

·
Registered
290 Posts

welcome to tsf, first off i would recommend trying your laptop in a cooler room. next, try to take the fan out, i had a similar problem until i poked around in there and my fan started working again(it was supposedly broken). believe me a fan on all the time is better than a non working fan, my temp went up to 90c!!! that is NOT good. anyway, try what i said ang get back to us

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks for your reply! i suppose the fan's not broken, it works ok under Vista. last time i loaded XP with the laptop completely cooled down, the fan even went off several times in the beginning. i'm afraid i can't try it in a cool room, it's now 30°C where i live so no cold rooms... just a church lol.. maybe i should update the bios but i've read somewhere it's better to keep the Vista version if i want to run Vista...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1:30 Am ................. 55°c
1:30 Pm ................. 55°c
---------------------------

·
Registered
290 Posts

since your laptop is specifically designed for vista, it's only natural your parts work right in vista. but....they SHOULD work for xp, but i'm guessing not as easily lol. 55c is about my laptop temp, nothing wrong with that, can you post you laptop specs? P.S. good thing you go to church ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

:)))
thanks again!! i don't have my laptop with me but this is my model:
Satellite A200-1ZB, PSAE6E

Processor type : Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2370
clock speed : 1.73 GHz
Front Side Bus : 533 MHz
2nd level cache : 1 MB
Operating system : Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition
System memory : 2,048 MB
technology : DDR2 RAM (667 MHz)
Hard disk capacity : 200 GB
certification : S.M.A.R.T.
Graphics adapter manufacturer : ATI
type : ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 supporting HyperMemory™ technology
memory amount : 256 MB dedicated VRAM
memory type : DDR Video RAM

i hope it helps somehow, but don't worry, i'm getting mentally prepared to install all games on Vista XD

·
Registered
290 Posts

wow, that is a really nice laptop!!! seriously that thing kix A-s-S. vista really is the good choice for games, especially if ur laptop came with it. and if it worx out....gj! :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.