Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thumbnails are not working within windows picture and fax viewer, how can I add them back in to the viewer? They used to show up at the bottom of windows picture and fax viewer, much like they do in Microsoft's Office Picture Manager.

·
TSF Enthusiast
357 Posts
Re: Thumbnails are missing in windows picture and fax viewer?

Hello Sendone,

You can register or unregister shimgvw.dll to enable or disable WPFV:
Enable: Start > Run > regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

try that, that should work. :)

YourTravelingGeek :pray:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hey YTGeek or anyone...
What I'm Trying to do is get a Thumbnail view inside of windows picture and fax viewer itself, I know how to enable the viewer. see picture examples as attached...

:pray:

·
TSF Enthusiast
357 Posts

hmmmm all I am able to find is put your photos in My Pictures folder then > View > Filmstrip.

YourTravelingGeek

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,466 Posts

click this icon

Start Slide Show
Displays each image in the folder in a slide show. Start, pause, navigate, or end the slide show using the slide show toolbar in the upper right-hand corner.
F11

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

hmmmm all I am able to find is put your photos in My Pictures folder then > View > Filmstrip.

YourTravelingGeek
Thanks YTGeek...opening photos in any folder then > View > Filmstrip is very close to what I was able to do to get Thumbnail views inside of windows picture and fax viewer but all it allows in terms of editing is printing, clockwise & counterclockwise rotation; and renaming files and folders.

In this process of trying to resolve losing the Thumbnail view inside of windows picture and fax viewer for a friend, I have found that for myself, When I don't want to work in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, I like MS Office Picture Manager better than film strip views in a folder or the Windows Picture and Fax viewer. It does a lot more in the program itself in terms of viewing, editing, renaming and other functions and it is not at all complex to work with. :4-guns:

Some people including my friend might like the very simplistic manner of Windows Picture and Fax viewer along with a Thumbnail filmstrip view...the folder > View > Filmstrip may serve the same purpose as Thumbnail views inside of windows picture and fax viewer - Thanks YTGeek...

thanks for all who helped and any other Help...I need all the help I can get...:eek:

·
TSF Enthusiast
357 Posts

Not a problem glad I was able to help some and like I said before I will still see if I can help you figure the other problem you are having lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Not a problem glad I was able to help some and like I said before I will still see if I can help you figure the other problem you are having lol

Thanks YTGeek, and I will continue to work on it from this end and I will report any findings...

Thanks again all for any help...:4-guns:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.