Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are my tabs in one window opening up in another window?

In my second open IE window I open a new tab and then click on one of my favorites links. It then maximizes my first IE window and opens the link in a new tab on that window. WHY?

I've looked at the options for tabs and tried each one and it still does the same thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: tabs

Im hoping someone can answer this question, because I was about to post the same thing. Also, isnt IE supposed to open with your last page? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts

With IE7 open click Tools/Internet Options then on the General tqb look down and click on the Settings button beside Tabs.

Make sure this is unchecked:
Open home page for new tabs instead of blank page

If it is already uncheckd click the Restore Defaults button, close IE7 then reopen and try your tabs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I meant to update this some time ago. The problem ended up being because one of the sites I frequent must be opened with the protected mode off. So if I try to open it in a page where it is already on, it opens a new window. If I try to open a regular website in the window with the mode off it opens up in a tab of a window where the protection mode is on. Confused? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.