Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have something that I can't figure out and it's been bugging me for a couple of months now.

Now this doesn't happen all the time but enough to get your attention.........................:upset:

When I click on a link in any of the forums that I visit such as http://www.techsupportforums.com it opens down on the taskbar but not on the screen.
But if I look up on the top left hand corner of the screen there will be a little black dot between the words BACK and FILE. If I put my cursor over the black dot a double ended diagonal arrow appears.
When I click it a little box opens up with the three squares that are on the top right of the browser. I can then drag it to expand it to full size.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

·
Global Moderator
51,622 Posts
Your machine is haunted! :D I've never seen that, sounds like the secondary browser window is minimized into nothing. What happens if you hold shift and click on a link, does it do that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your machine is haunted!
You know you may be right with Halloween coming and all........:ghost:

But the next time the happening happens I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happens.............:D

Thanks

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i have a problem sort of like it

on win98, i have always had a problem similar.

im not looking for help, im just relating something that might be connected somehow.

sometimes when i open a link, it opens off the screen. i can maximize it and see it anyways, but if i restore it to the sizable window, it goes back off the screen.

then it seems to stay that way with all i explorer windows for a while (few days at least) then its normal again.

i guess if you use the move command you can fix it, but i havent figured it out.

if you know why 98 does that, it might help solve the problem you are having.

~BoB~

·
Registered
165 Posts
resizing windows

I'm using XP Pro SP1 and downloaded the most recent patches from Microsoft, and the most recent display driver for ATI 7500 All-in-Wonder + Catalyst.

From that moment on I have minor but irritating problems :

1. Windows Explorer always opens up to the full desktop and I cannot resize it, if I try the window slightly increases !

2. Outlook Express takes 30 seconds !!! to open no matter if working off-line or connected (I never receive/send automatically on opening the program)

3. When I view thumbnails in Windows Explorer vibrating color streaks appear on some icons (TFT monitor via DVI)

That's all for the moment, PC is still working ....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The funny thing is that it hasn't happened again so that I can try out some of your suggestions. But it will and I'll let you guys know if any of your suggestions worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.