Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have something that I can't figure out and it's been bugging me for a couple of months now.

Now this doesn't happen all the time but enough to get your attention.........................:upset:

When I click on a link in any of the forums that I visit such as http://www.techsupportforums.com it opens down on the taskbar but not on the screen.
But if I look up on the top left hand corner of the screen there will be a little black dot between the words BACK and FILE. If I put my cursor over the black dot a double ended diagonal arrow appears.
When I click it a little box opens up with the three squares that are on the top right of the browser. I can then drag it to expand it to full size.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Your machine is haunted! :D I've never seen that, sounds like the secondary browser window is minimized into nothing. What happens if you hold shift and click on a link, does it do that?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your machine is haunted!
You know you may be right with Halloween coming and all........:ghost:

But the next time the happening happens I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happens.............:D

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
try making the window the size you like and then hold CTRL and close....it is suppose to remember the last size. This works in normal situations but don't know what happens if IE is corrupted.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i have a problem sort of like it

on win98, i have always had a problem similar.

im not looking for help, im just relating something that might be connected somehow.

sometimes when i open a link, it opens off the screen. i can maximize it and see it anyways, but if i restore it to the sizable window, it goes back off the screen.

then it seems to stay that way with all i explorer windows for a while (few days at least) then its normal again.

i guess if you use the move command you can fix it, but i havent figured it out.

if you know why 98 does that, it might help solve the problem you are having.

~BoB~

·
Registered
165 Posts
resizing windows

I'm using XP Pro SP1 and downloaded the most recent patches from Microsoft, and the most recent display driver for ATI 7500 All-in-Wonder + Catalyst.

From that moment on I have minor but irritating problems :

1. Windows Explorer always opens up to the full desktop and I cannot resize it, if I try the window slightly increases !

2. Outlook Express takes 30 seconds !!! to open no matter if working off-line or connected (I never receive/send automatically on opening the program)

3. When I view thumbnails in Windows Explorer vibrating color streaks appear on some icons (TFT monitor via DVI)

That's all for the moment, PC is still working ....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The funny thing is that it hasn't happened again so that I can try out some of your suggestions. But it will and I'll let you guys know if any of your suggestions worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.