Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was playing with my guitar hooked up to the PC for effects. I unplugged the guitar and left the wire on the ground, touching a metal plate. I took the guitar to the other room. I was hearing a long feedback, but i wasn't concerned. When i got back the sounds stoped. For everything.
If i turn the speakers to MAX and i put a lour track to be played, i can barelly hear it. So something works, but why is it so quiet?

I also got a front jack for my headphones.. Same story there.

EVEREST says i got " Realtek HD audio adapter". All the information i could find.

Also i was looking around windows, and everything (as i have seen) is the way it was. I reinstalled the driver, nothing changed.

Could you please help me? Thx for your time !

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Re: Sound dissapeared

Look in control panel -> sounds and audio devices. See what it lists for sound devices, and if anything is greyed out.

Is this the onboard sound? You may end up having to put in a pci soundcard, they can be had very inexpensively.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

yesterday i installed Windwos 7, so all of my data is fresh.
The sound is the same.
I checked, but could not find grayed out. When i play a sound, at the volume control you get that visualization on the volume(green bar going up and down). Even when that's to the max, it doesn't work.
Could it be that i fried something in it? If yes, how come it still playes sound, even if really quiet?

Well, my PC in still under warranty, so they should repair it.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts

Only thing that I can think of is to make sure that you have the correct default device.
Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Manage Audio Devices.
Just looked in there myself, my mic was showing the onboard as default, instead of the soundcard, never noticed before as I barely use it.
Since you have a warranty, I'd give the manufacturer a ring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.