Tech Support Forum banner

[SOLVED] Some sata drives not detected on restart - Sabertooth x79

4624 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Tyree
I have a new computer here, and an weird software problem. If I boot my computer, it doesn't detect any of the sata drives plugged into the intel ports in Windows 7 (the ones in the marvell ports work fine, where the boot disc is), this includes 3 HDDs and 1 optical drive. They don't show up in disc management, or mounted in explorer.

However, if I enter bios and exit it on boot, even if I don't change anything, it detects the drives just fine when windows starts.

I did try installing / updating the drivers for them from the asus CD, the asus website, and the intel website, none seemed to make a difference.

Any thoughts here? I mean, the workaround of just entering and exiting BIOS is tolerable since they aren't even that important of drives, but its really annoying.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
Re: Some sata drives not detected on restart - Sabertooth x79

custom built,

MB: asus sabertooth x79
cpu: intel i7-3930K
ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
psu: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W
gpu: nvidia GTX 680 (gigabyte)

It feels more like i'm missing some setting in the bios or some driver thing than a hardware issue
See less See more

all the devices work, i can read and write to them just fine if I boot via bios, it doesn't even find the adaptor or the ATA channels in device manager if I don't

disabling fast boot in the bios fixed it (didnt change boot speed either)
1 - 4 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.