Re: should I or shouldn't I?
Thanx Geekgirl, I've been reading a bunch of reviews and checked out links you've recommended. I've decided it's wise to wait a couple months to upgrade. I guess the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. A little background: about 1 1/2 yrs ago our windows xp crashed (never did know why for sure) a computer-savvy friend made certain we had no virus, and since we could not afford a new xp OS, he installed linux Ubuntu 7. It worked fine for quite a while. When the new upgrade (8) was released last April I jumped on it and it was a nightmare. I finally managed to downgrade us back to 7 until in May I was able to purchase a new XP Media Center w/IE7 which has worked perfectly for us. In December I switched to Verizon FIOS as my IP and we are extremely happy. Between their firewalls and all the security I've set up we never have intrusions or other bad stuff. The worst I have to worry about is TAC 3 spyware. I was only concerned about the upgrade to IE8 when it was made available as an option on Microsoft Update. To wrap this up, as much as I'm interested in the upgrade, I believe I'll wait til the bugs are knocked out of it before I take any chances. Many thanx for responding!