Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm new to this forum.:1angel:
I have a problem with my sd card.
I had Music files, video files and pictures on it.
when i sticked it in my laptop suddenly all my folders have a .lnk extension
and files like ''passwords'' and ''documents'' with a lnk extension are added to my sd card and i never had those! When i click on one of my folders i get ''The item ''qusik.scr'' where this shortcut points at is changed or removed'' What am i supposed to do?! all my folders became 1kb! I don't even know any ''qusik.scr''
PLEASE HELP, my pictures and everything just became a .lnk file at the exact day when i wanted to make a backup. BUMMER:mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am sure that it was a regular file, not a shortcut. I used it for a very long time. I forgot to tell that on my sd card the same time were strange files named: ''Qsr'', ''Qsx'' and that kind of things, i think it is a virus, how do I do this!?

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,755 Posts
Re: SD card problem

Hi, unlikely you have a nasty, SD cards are not a target more likely you have removed the sd card without enabling the "safely remove feature" or suffered a premature shutdown. Now this can be a bit of fun to fix so bear with me.

Windows creates a .inf file called INFCACHE.1 to store your USB and peripherals in when you access them. We need to delete this file first ( when you try you will get "access is denied") so we need to take ownership, run the attached zip file and double click on the reg file it returns to merge it into the registry. Restart your computer. You will now have a right click "grant admin full control"

Open windows explorer (the file manager) and navigate to C:\Windows\Inf\INFCACHE.1 right click on the INFCACHE.1 file and select "grant admin full control". Right click again and select delete. Windows will recreate a new infcache when you use a usb device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/att...em-32-admin-lockout-grantadminfullcontrol.zip

Next we have to repair the file associations open this Zip file and double click on the reg file it returns to merge into the registry. Reboot and let us know how you get on.

View attachment 76674

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.