Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I have an HP Pavilion a1720n, with a 500W Power Supply and a Saphire Radeon HD 4670, and I'm not going to lie, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Black Edition.

I just got my Power Supply and Graphics cards recently installed, and everything worked fine for, 20 minutes then every once and awhile the screen would turn into something resembaling static, and then it would fix itself due to VPU Recover. Whenever I turn VPU Recover off, it puts a blue screen instead of static that says something like computer was forced to shut down due to graphixs driver/hardware looping.

This only happens when Im at the desktop, everything works fine ingame, but sometimes when the static comes, the computer needs to reboot and thats annoying. Any help is greatly appreciated

P.S my bro thinks its the pirated Operating system

· Registered
4,639 Posts
Re: Saphire Radeon HD 4670 Glitch

I saw Black edition, and saw your PS, and i can guarantee that it is indeed a pirated version called XP Heavy Black Edition.
It is done in a way that certain things can be disabled during setup, which is most likely what has happened.
Unfortunately due to forum rules, we cannot assist with pirated software...

· Registered
87 Posts
Thx for your reply, I understand completely that you cannot help me out with this because my OS is pirated, unfortunately I asked my mother for a computer with Windows XP Professional, but instead got me a Windows Vista Computer....

I didn't want to spend an extra $140 on a new operating system... (Had Windows Vista for a year or two before it got bogged, down and failed)friend gave me Black Edition and Computer worked fine... till graphix card

Keep viewing and posting people
I'd understand if no one can help me
Ill just look for another site that will...
or go medling within my BIOS

· Registered
4,639 Posts

What you could do, until 7 is released at least is download the Windows 7 RC which is now available to the public. While not the final release, it is very stable and i use it myself. I had the fortune of receiving a copy from my work who are a Microsoft partner company.
Try it out, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx , the final release is due soon. Trust me it will be worth it

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I'll look into your suggestions
Just to let ya'll know when the VPU Recover fixes the problem it says
"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've checked out Windows 7, and ya its a beta program but is it stable?.... I don't wanna have to backup files and then upload them to a faulty OS...
Now not saying I won't buy Windows 7 when it comes out...
Jus I need more info on the Beta program

· Registered
4,639 Posts

I've been running the 7 RC for about 1 1/2 months, ever since i got the initial limited release version. I've had about one or 2 small issues causing a crash, but nothing life threatening.
The part i like most about 7 is that by downloading the Virtual PC beta and XP Mode plugin you will be able to run XP application in a seamless virtual environment.
There are two very important requirements:
- A processor that supports virtualisation (a quick look at the compatible processors list tells me that your E6300 does.)
- 2GB of RAM (which i see yours unfortunately doesnt.)

So to get that side of things running, like i am because my specs support it, you would need to get another 1GB (or 2GB ideally) will ensure a full smooth 7 experience.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Kk I'm going to download it, because my brother wants me to, and knowing that your running is a big help with my decision, Thank you for your opinion of Windows 7, and I'll let you know if I have any problems after its installation (Thumbs Up)

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Um... I got it all downloaded, but unfortunately I have only 700 MB Disks... and Power ISO won't let me burn it on unless its big enough respond quickly

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hi asidman i got it all installed, was working fine... and got my ATI Drivers installed... first thing it did about 5 minutes later was multi colored line filled the screen and I had to reboot...
So obviously the graphix card wasn't acting up because I had Windows XP Professional Pirated...
I'm tired of this problem

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Just adding to my last post I have a Saphire Radeon HD 4670 on a HP Pavilion a1720n that now has Windows 7 RC, computer still glitches on desktop at random points, in game its fine but sometimes on desktop the screen turns to colored line and sometimes the computer needs to be restarted from there....

More specific details on graphic card
HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E HDMI/DVI-I/VGA

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.