Things I need help with:
I need help with a water cooling system. I never had one. I never had a good computer with latest parts that overheat a lot ether. I am wondering what parts I will want to cool? I am thinking about cooling processor and memory because those are the parts I am going to overclock.
Most parts you see below were suggested to me long time ago. If there are better deals available I would mind getting them. Or maybe there is better hardware that costs same price or a little more, but it would be worth it. Even if I have to spend more money. I am getting this system and I will be using it for a long time....., so I don't mind spending a little more now, to relief it's future existence (I am not planing to upgrade any parts in future)
How much money are you willing to spend on the new build?
- I am willing to spend $1500-$2000, but I don't mind adding a couple hundreds as well as don't mind spending money =). Basecaly I am always open to new suggestion and if I think it will be worth it - I will get it.
Are there any brands of components you want or don't want?
- As long as it works well - I don't care
Will you be multitasking with this computer and if so, how much?
- HEAVY multitasking.
Will you be gaming and if so, how much and how new are the games?
- I am not a heavy gamer, but I will want to play latest game time-to-time..... (Crysis for example)
Will you be doing any intense calculations or media encoding?
I will be doing A LOT of HEAVY 3D designing, as well as some video editing. Video editing I don't care much, but 3D design part is important because I am going to University to study Architecture.
Do you plan on overclocking and if so, how much?
- Yes. I will be overclocking processor and memory. I don't want to overclock the hard drive and the video cards (perhaps you can suggest me factory overclocked video cards instead of the ones I listed?). One thing to note is that I never overclocked, so I will need your help with it.
How much storage will you need and what will you be storing?
- I already made my choice storage and amount wise below, but I am always open to new suggestions.
8. Legacy Support:
Will you need support for older hardware like parallel, serial, or PS/2 devices?
- I don't think so. No.
9. Operating System:
Do you want Windows XP or Vista, or Linux compatibility?
Do you want help selecting a case and if so, how big do you want it?
- I really like a case I linked to below, but it has some cooling problems (based on newegg feedback), so I will need help with cooling (I'll probably go with water cooling). See questions below.
Do you want a keyboard, mouse, or other items included?
- I already bought all that.
12. Recycled Components:
Will you be reusing any components you already have?
If you want a monitor, what size do you want and should it be widescreen?
- I already got it
Do you have any online stores that you prefer to purchase from?
- I would highly prefer newegg, but I am always open to any other store if they have what new egg does not, or have it with a better price.
What country do you live in?
I want this, but I am always open to new suggestions.
(in case there is a better deal, or something new that is worth buying):
This stuff was suggested to me long time ago. I didn't buy anything yet. I will start buying when I am 100% sure what I want to get.
$100 - MSI P6N Diamond LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel
Motherboard - Retail
Gonna go SLI on it.
$220 - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
I am planing on overclocking this.
$35 x2 = $70 Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
so all together 4GBs (4x1GB). I am going for overclocking on this part too.
$185 x2 = $370 - 2x EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Gonna go for SLI and overclocking if it is possible.
$120 - SILVERSTONE ST85ZF ATX12V EPS12V 850W SLI Certified Power Supply 90V ~ 264V (Auto Range) - Retail
$170 - Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
This is going to be the main drive where the system + programs are.
$85 x2 = 170 Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gbs Hard Drive - OEM
Gonna keep my media on one of this drives and back it up to the other one.
$55 - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail
I was suggested with this CPU cooler, but I am not sure now, because I want go with water cooling. See question below.
$200 - COOLER MASTER - COSMOS 1000 (ATX Full Tower Computer Case) - Retail
This ends up to about $1500, while I wanted to spend about $2000 and maybe more
(in case I decide that I really really want something..
When I am done building my system I will donate money to techsupportforum for the help.
Thanks in advance to everyone that will help me find right solutions for my new system.