Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I was wondering if u could help with a problem I'm having. I have tried to upgrade my ram and nothing happens when I power on. No error beeps an no power to keyboard or monitor
I switched back to old ram sticks that were working and now have the same problem. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Re: ram upgrade problems

Post the make/model of the PC. If custom built then post the specs

MB-CPU-RAM-GPU-PSU brand/wattage

Make sure nothing was bumped loose .

Re-seat all power connections from the PSU to the MB.

Re-seat the graphics card and other PCI add-in card if any installed.

Clear CMOS settings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intel celeron 3.06 via chip?
Psu iso -400pp 300w
Ram was kniston 256 Mb and rendition 256mb pc3200
To Kingston 2x 512mb
I've tried resetting cmos by removing battery then moving the jumper to pin 2,3. Also tried taking batery out for 20min. No change. There was no smell from the ram sticks or mobo when installing and nothing changes when I put old sticks back in.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Re: ram upgrade problems

Are you using only the new RAM?
Have you tried booting with one stick of the new RAM in each Mobo slot?
It's possible the Mobo does not like the new RAM.
Knowing the Brand & Model of the Mobo and the Model number of the RAM would be helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also tried going back to the old ram. I've tried the new ram individually an the old ones individually. Is there any way of getting mobo info without power? old ram 256 ddr pc3200 non eec dimm x2 different makes. New ram nanya nt5ds32m8ct - 5t 502272x0bf. I don't think that's the info u were looking forbut its all that's writtn on the ram stick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it helps I don't think the pc is making it to POST I spoke to some one who has some knowledge but he's stumped also but he thinks its the mobo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. I had short circuited the mobo. I realised this after I strip it down and bench tested it and it worked fine. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.