Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there :wave: I don't know if anyone out there has had this similar problem?
I bought a new hard drive, began to install windows xp, unfortunately I hadn't realised that the power socket for the hard drive was plugged into the slave socket of my standby saver and it switched off as the setup was beginning the formatting section of the windows xp install. I rebooted the hard drive and now all that appears in an error saying "Error loading operating system" AHHHHHHHHH! I have tried to reboot with the windows disc in the hard drive and also tried installing the disc when the error message appears, NOTHING!
I have went onto a couple of other forum sites and it looks as though I may have to change the BIOS, but some others say do not do this unless all else fails :4-dontkno
I have been directed to the techsupportforum as I have been told that if anyone knows it will be on this forum site. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help, I am at my wits end and don't know what to do now. :confused:

I forgot to mention on boot up my MSI motherboard goes through the motions them almost immediately the error message appears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: "Error loading operating system" - New Installation

thanks for replying dai, unfortunately there is nothing on the hard drive at the moment as it is a brand new pc

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts

this indicates there is something on it

["Error loading operating system]

so follow what i posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

just tried killdisk but dont know if Im doing it right or its just because I don't get anything except the black DOS screen and the error message?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

doesn't seem to work however I do it. Have followed the instructions from the web site and it doesn't make any difference. I downloaded the killdisk ISO programme which is the cd bootable version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

think I've cracked it!
Read the text file in the killdisk zip file download and had to change order of boot up. Changed the order - first, to boot up from the drive where the killdisk cd is located, then then the drive with windows cd, and lastly the preinstalled drive.
It's now running the windows setup and is formatting Thank Crunchie!
Thank you for your help dai.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.