Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have a quick question for you, so here is the deal. day before yesterday I went and deleted my windows.old folder on my windows7 hp sp1 system on my gateway nv52 laptop to try out vbox. Well I turned on my pc and I had like 25 updates for my system, well I keep my pc up to date with the updates except the mse from windows updates cause I have mse update its self rather than using windows update. Now are the updates linked in any way to the windows.old folder? Just to explain why I have the folder is because when I bought this laptop it had vista 64 on it and it came with a free upgrate to win7 from gateway but I have to have vista on it before I can upgrade to win7, yes they are both 64 bit os's.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Quick question

ahh, ok thanks for letting me know, I was surprised the folder was over 20 gigs and it took a while to delet it from my system. Well the space is great to set up vurtual machines on my pc to run linux and some old windows oses in my system since people I end up helping don't have windows 7.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts
Re: Quick question

I have a laptop that dual boots XP and Ubuntu. The XP is just for that. I sometimes forget how to do things in XP now if I can't look at it.

Vista I'd rather not have. It's close enough to 7 that I don't have the same problem. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.