Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to move my ps3 from one room (thats connected to my TV via HDMI>HDMI) to another (where my PC is located). i intended to use one of those HDMI to DVI cables with my Samsung Syncmaster 22" monitor.

i went through the normal procedure of holding the power button to reset the display. it seemed to work, it found the hdmi port and prompted for the changes. on securing the dvi cable to the monitor it lost display connection. fiddling it about made it come and go, until i had it on again (not fully screwed). i used the Multi-AV cable (from the box) to connect the sound to my speakers.

it was working fine until i lost the display again. since then i wasnt able to get the display on screen again.

the cable works fine when using the hdmi on my laptop to the monitor. i can output the desktop to the monitor.

i have reset the display each time and reinserted the cable. i also used the multi-av to display the screen on my old tv (via RGB) and selecting change to video output to hdmi (which is still connected to the monitor). it still does not display.

i have googled any possible solutions but were not able to find any solutions.....same old reset display..monitor no compatible...etc

any suggestions as to why it is not displaying on the monitor?..:4-dontkno and how to get it to view?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.