Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I have what seems to be a unique, unresolvable issue. My mailbox is corrupted so badly, not even a complete reformat, reinstallation and backup restore has been able to fix it. I have restored all default settings, and this issue affects all accounts (and sub accounts) even if I delete them and make new ones.

Basically, I can only read the most current new message that is sent to me. My inbox will only show me the newest message, even though my friends list tells me I have 5 new messages from other users.

Also, if I compose a new message, that message now shows up in my INbox as if I received a message from myself. My real inbox message will then disappear. This is extremely strange and started 4 months ago. New system updates do not fix it either. I am running 2.70+

I'm sure there is no resolution, but if anyone has even heard of this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thankx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: PS3 corrupt mailbox - inbox, sent - all accounts

Sorry i don't own a PS3 but did you already searched google? Is there an official PS3 site with FAQs or something? I should try that.

Also could it be your connection?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

I got this problem fixed, so I thought I'd share.

Nobody at Sony was ever able to explain what happened, and nobody has ever seen this problem before. They suggested a full HDD reformat. The first one I did incorrectly (I chose Restore PS3 over Format) and the second one worked but I ended up backing up my bad files to begin with. here are the two issues that kept bringing the problem back:

1) "Restore PS3" is not the same as FORMAT, so it did not remove the corrupted files. Only a true HDD reformat did the job. Takes about 4 hours.

2) My 250GB USB hard drive was used for my PS3 backup, but ended up backing up the corrupted files and restoring them. The only way around it was to individually save my game data to the backup device without using the Backup Utility, which just copies the entire HDD. Some game saves cannot be copied (bunch of crud) so I ended up losing all my progress on a few games. I also lost all my demos, which I had to re-download.

But at least it worked.

Later.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Great to hear that you got your problem fixed, even though you lost your game progress its always a challenge to finish the game again :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.