Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
yesterday my computer was running just fine, without any problems. Today I went to start it as usual, and I couldnt for the life of me get on.

it just freezes when the loading screen with the green bars running sideways in the little box appears (The one just before you enter your password to log onto your computer) - It just keeps going and going, i've had it run like that for several hours without anything happening.
I then tried booting it into Safemode, and it was stuck when reading CRCDISK.SYS, but after a while it eventually got on, and I was able to run my computer through safe mode just fine. I can access all files, so i managed to back up the important things on my HD without any problems. I can access internet and everything through safemode, and its running just fine.
when i first ran it into safe mode it was stuck on CRCDISK.SYS for quite a while (15 minutes or so), but now it just takes 30 seconds to read and it boots into safe mode just fine.

i've tried systemrestore to several days before
, i've tried putting in a system restore disc but it says my computer is not supported by this.
I have tried putting in a windows XP install disc, but it says it can't find a harddisc on my computer .I can access my Harddisc just fine in safe mode.

A few times I managed to get into the actual windows (with no safemode), but it just freezes as soon as it loads my desktop.

Anybody has any idea what caused this? the latest thing installed on my computer was an automatic update by Windows

Thanks alot
:)

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, Acting
34,376 Posts
Re: Problems with Vista - A little help please? :)

Hi -

Run HDD Diagnostics --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Since you have all important files backed-up, I would suggest that you reinstall Vista if HDD tests come back clean.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Problems with Vista - A little help please? :)

Hi,
I somehow managed to restore everything back to the manufactorer defaults and its now working! :)
thanks alot for the help,
Klagen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.