Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My younger brother moved a photo folder, stupidly so, into the WINDOWS prefetch folder, for whatever reason. I cannot restore it or access it, and I've tried disabling simple file sharing and tried taking ownership, but in the Folder Options window, under advanced, there is no 'use simple file sharing' box at all. My account type is admin, so I was wondering why it's not even there, and furthermore, what I can do to restore it to my desktop, and access it.

Many many thanks. <3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Prefetch Error.

Do you have Pro or Home? Disabling the simple file sharing is for Pro.. whereas in Home, you need to be in Safe Mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
I suppose I have Home, seeing as how I cannot find a way to disable the file sharing. I've read about starting in safe mode as well, yet I can't figure out how to do it...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

To enter safemode F8,

When pc first turns on, start tapping F8 a few times, should bring you to a list of choices
menu.

Note: have you tried simply to copy and paste, or drag and drop it back where you had it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Okay, I get to the screen and choose safe mode, and in safe mode, I tried moving the folder, but it still says access denied. Is there anything else I can try to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.