Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, hope I am in the right section.
I have just bought some Verbatim 8 x DVD+R DL discs. I cannot seem to burn successfully on them.
I am using an LG GSA-H42N DVD combo drive and using RL01 firmware with a Windows XP Home with SP3 operating system.
I have tried the LG website but it don't seem to have anything for this model, so not sure if there is updated firmware or not.
I am using Deepburner software and even tried upgrading to the new one. 1.9.0.228. It tries to burn but fails with this message; Burn data process done with error: "WRITER ERROR(ILLEGAL REQUEST. INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE").
I tried Burn4Free software and with this one it imported what I had copied onto the DL disc, but if I tried burning more onto the disc, the same "illegal request" came up.
If I try opening the disc it shows nothing on it in Windows XP. If I select properties it says it is RAW.
Is this a firmware problem or is it a software problem?
I tried unchecking "use internal ASPI first" under preferences but it makes no difference on either software.
I even tried downloading Force ASPI Drivers for the Burn4Free software but it made no difference.
Thanks in advance. tech_no :4-dontkno

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: possible firmware problem with combo drive?

Thanks for the link dai. I looked through the list, but it only goes up to LG GSA-H21N. I tried their advance search but no posts in their forum either.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: possible firmware problem with combo drive?

I solved this one late last night dai.
I installed an OEM version of Nero 6, I had free with an old CD/RW Drive, as a last resort and it copied a file successfully onto my DVD+R DL. It stated that the files on my disc couldn't be imported because they weren't made as a mutli session by Nero. I thought those files must be corrupt.
When I finished the burn of the new single file, I thought I would just check to see if the file was on the disc. I started up the DVD+R DL and Windows now recognised the contents for the first time and displayed all of the files I had recorded before, together with the new file.
I can only guess that Nero supplies the codecs to read this sort of disc on Windows. Is that possible dai?
Anyway all sorted, thank you for your help. How do I close this one now? :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.