Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive had this problem recently when i cannot run 2.5inch external hardisk into my PC... i can run the 3.5 inch due to its power cable but not for 2.5 since it does not include any power cable.. i even use the 2usb port supplied with the case to help it runs but still fail... how do i do this, well theres a hole for a power cable (which is the round one) but i dont know how many volt does it need.. many thanks for any replies...

Cheers

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
Re: Portable 2.5 Hardisk Prob

You need to be concerned with volyage, meeting the minimum current requirements, and polarity of the connector. Google the external model online for a manul, should specify the adapter. Also - try a shorter USB cable, or USB cable with a second 'slave' power only USB connector to plug into a second USB port for additional power. Also remove any USb devices you don't need that might be taking up power.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Portable 2.5 Hardisk Prob

well thanks for the reply... ive managed to turn it ON... the first time it doesnt work is becoz the dual usb (y cable) is connected to my usb port which is provided on the case, when i plugged it to the usb port direct on my mobo, it runs, maybe because the usb port on the case does not provide sufficient power ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.