Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everyone
i've a got a problem that might be confusing well it is for me and mioght be for whoever read this thread
first i will list my pc specs

cpu: qx6850 extreme quadcore
mobo: dx48bt2 from intel
ram: Corsair 4GB (2x2)PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 RAM - 9-9-9-24 - TW3X2G1600C9DHX
pws: thermaltake though power 1200watts
vga : xfx 9800gx2
the pc was running great i was using windows vista 32 bit until i decided to run 64 bit version after i installed it i went and bought another 4 gb of ram same as the ones in the specs then i intalled them now ive got 8 gb of ram since that pc just cut off and restart what i mean by cut off the monitor goes black while im runing windows and then the pc restart it keeps doing that all the time so i took off the ram that i installed pc runs great again moved the 4gb of ram that i already have to the other 2 slots no problem i did the same for the other 2 rams that i recently bought no problems as well tried them in all slots everything was fine i kept 4 gb then i added 2 gb the pc starts but doesn't load windows monitor stays black tried again the 8 gb keeps shutting down!!! :) do u guys have any idea what's going on
by the way the motherboard is fully compatible with rams and support up to 8 gb ddr3 check the folowing website for mobo
http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/DX48BT2/DX48BT2-overview.htm
10x in advanced for any help

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: PC restarting after installing rams

hello
im sorry for the delay in replying but i wasn't home lately actually all rams are just the same pc was running perfect with 4 gig but with the 8 gig it cuts off and restart i had suspicions it might be the pws coz what happens i've got my vga fan set on 100% the speed as soon i reduced to 60 pc didn't restart so what i mean adding another 4 gig absorbe more power and the pws might be faulty im just suggesting so what do u guys think

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Filling all the slots on a Mobo can very often cause Voltage issues and DDR3 RAM still has some issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

hello to all and 10x to everyone for replying actually i've called intel technical support and they told me that they had some other complains similar to mine and they suggested that i install different bios version they provided 2 version for me to try first one didn't work the second version until now no drama will c what will happen
10x for helping me out boys

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

Also the ram timings I posted will solve the problem if you want to run 8 gigs of ram on that board probably, wont say 100% but 85% chance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

well with companies like Intel u always loose :d it's always your fault they made some excuse to tell me that the board is not compatible with the ram anyway i didn't expect a lot of them i think i will follow ur way but it will be my first time with reducing the latency should i use a special software or go to the bios and does that affect the ram or affect the motherboard in general will affect the pc? and should i reduce the latency of 4 gig or 8 gig?
and thank you so much for any help u guys provided i really appreciate it 10x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hello and thank you for ur last reply
if u have a look on the picture i've sent u'll see that memory are set to run on 1066 and the latency is 7-7-7-20 ????
u reckon if the processor run with 1333 the motherboard won't allow ram to use the 1600mhz ??

Attachments

·
retired
1,966 Posts

u reckon if the processor run with 1333 the motherboard won't allow ram to use the 1600mhz
it's the chipset that runs the board, not the cpu. (chipset also dictates which cpu's can be used :grin:).

anyway, if you check the X48 Express Chipset datasheet you will find...
The 1600 MHz memory support requires Intel ® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) DDR3-1600 DIMMs.
-and-
I/O Voltage of 1.5 V for DDR3-800, DDR3-1066, and DDR3-1333.
DDR3-1600XMP DIMMs use an I/O voltage of 1.9 V
now the corsair TW3X2G1600C9DHX are not XMP dimms, but should work with that chipset if you bump up the voltage and manually set the timmings in bios (see the TW3X2G1600C9DHX datasheet) else the bios can only use the JEDEC standard for 1333MHz from the SPD.
Tested together at 1600MHz, Vdimm = 1.80V, at latency settings of 9-9-9-24
SPD programmed at: JEDEC standard 9-9-9-24 values at 1333MHz
XMP dimm have additional profiles stored in SPD that the bios can use, the corsair HX3X12G1600C9 is XMP dimm, see the difference in the specifications...
Tested together at 1600MHz, Vdimm = 1.60V, at latency settings of 9-9-9-24 on X58-based motherboards with a Corei7 CPU
SPD programmed at:
XMP 9-9-9-24 values at 1600MHz
JEDEC standard 9-9-9-24 values at 1333MHz

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hello
i tried to set it to 1600 and latency changed them to 9-9-9-18 with voltage 1.80 computer wouldn't boot so i changed to 1333 with latency 8-8-8-20 and voltage 1.70 looks good for now i'm gonna test it for another 2 or 3 days and will c and thanks a lot man for ur help

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

Yes your very welcome, Imglad to see you got it sorted hopefully?

Atleast we were close and you had enough intelligence to make the right
adjustments that was needed.

Note: whenever filling up the mother board past 4 gigs of ram, you may not beable
to run them at maxium values (side note here) as you would beable with less ram
in it.

Keep post open dont mark solved yet even for a week and we will be here if any
more problems arise with the cp.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

hey dai i thought i might help with what i know and listing myself as a member was an option listed in the "edit option" any way 10x for the message u have a nice day and thank you for ur help riskyone

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.