Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Win XP using MS Essnetials as AV, works like a charm except this morning in Outlook,some messages are hanging and won't "send' and this is what i get>>

I cannot seem to access send or reciece my Outlook email on Win Live mail. I get this error message>>>>>

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'Re: A friend wanted you to see this'
Server Error: 451
Server Response: 451 5.3.4 Requested action aborted; Local processing error.
Server: 'smtphm.sympatico.ca'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6A
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes

When i go to my Bell email account.no problem,it shows sending and receiving,no problem. I am running old Win XP,works fine no problems with MS essentials as my AV. It's just when i go to either resond to someone's email and send,i keep getting this error message'

"Send 3messages using my email account, FAILED"An unknown error has occurred.

I tried running "Wlarp" in search but XP won't allow me to do this. I also tried>>
Click Start button (Circle button with a Windows logo it).
Click Control Panel.
Click Programs.
Click Programs and Features.
Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it.
Click Repair all Windows Live programs.

When i got to dbl click Win Live Essentials and tried dbl clicking, nothing happened;it gave me Chane/remove options but no repair.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thx

·
Registered
40,888 Posts
Re: Outlook Email Windows Live Mail

Click Start button (Circle button with a Windows logo it).....Click Programs and Features
If you are going to Programs and Features, then you are not running Windows XP, but Windows 7. to confirm, Right click (My) Computer and choose Properties. This will tell you what Windows OS, Service Pack and Physical RAM you have.
As for Windows Live: uncheck the box this server requires a secure connection [ssl].

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

No I am running 100% XP, not Win 7. The Programs and Features mentioned is what someone else sent me. How do i get to the window you show in your last reply,where i neeed to uncheck the server option as u mentioned?/
By the way, i am able to receive emails,it won't let me send them though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

is there not a tool kit Wlarp that allows me to correct my Live Windows email problem?

·
Registered
40,888 Posts

Right click (My) Computer and choose Properties.
Please confirm your Windows OS by following the suggestions in quote above.
1. open Windows Live Mail
Make sure your account settings look like this: Windows Live Mail 2011 email setup

If that doesn't work, try this:

1. Click the email account you want to change.
  2. Click the Accounts tab, and then click Properties.
  3. Click the Servers tab
  4. Uncheck This server requires a Secure Connection (SSL)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I tried that,no dice,(By the way i am running Win XP) didn't make any difference. In Accounts tab,i have two boxes; one for Outgoing mail,showing checked box and>this server requires a secure connection and i have same thing for Incoming mail POP3,also showing checked box with ,server requires a secure connection. I unchecked both went back to Outlook(WIN LIve Mail) and the connection just hanged,nothing happened. I tried unchecking only the Outgoing box as i can receive mail but cannot send,but this also made no difference.werror message still continues.

My account settings i doublechecked and they look like they should.

As i said, i can receive and open emails,i just cannot reply to any or compose new emails and send.They just don't get sent out and when i close WIN Live,it prompts me by saving you have outgoing messages,do you want to send them now? I answer yes but they don't go out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I am not sure why i would need Bell to walk me through it,isn't it a MS issue? It seems strange that i can receive but not send. You suggested unchecked those secure coonections boxes but that cut me off completely from Bell. If you don't know the solution please let me know?

·
Registered
40,888 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, Spunk was right after all. I just got off with bell and it was a matter of deleting the "hanging 'unsent emails,once this was done,then i was able to send out normally.Very simple solution,something i didn't think of.Sometimes the simplest solution is the answer:) Tech Support is the best,helped me out of many jams!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.