Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

So Flash doesnt work with Internet Explorer 8 32-bit, yet. I have windows 7 64-bit, and have IE8 32-bit and IE8 64-bit. I use 64-bit browser by default. ATM, when i come across a video in facebook, i have to then open facebook in the 32-bit browser, scroll to vid, then watch.

Is there a way to put a command in the context menu to open a link in IE8 32-bit? This way when i come across any link that i know will require Flash, i can just right click and choose to open in 32-bit browser.

Thanks, Nathan

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, Acting
34,380 Posts
Re: Open link in Internet Explorer 32-bit?

Flash is compatible with IE8 x86 (32-bit); not IE8 x64.

You should be using IE8 x86 (32-bit) only, because of Flash.

Go to \Program File (x86)\Internet Explorer - locate iexplore.exe, right-click on it and make some shortcuts, pin it to TaskBar, Start Menu, etc...

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i was saying i know it doesnt work in 32-bit. I want to know if i can add an entry to the right click menu to open a link with a certain program, in this case IE8 32-bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

sorry, i meant 64-bit just then. i know it doesnt work in 64bit. i want to come across a link in ie64 that needs flash, and right click it and choose "Open link in Internet Explorer 32bit" or whatever. So then i dont have to copy the link address from 64bit, open 32bit browser, then paste it in. On an old PC a few years back i had entries in the context menu that would allow me to right click on highlighted text and "Search with Wikipedia" (before Accelerators came along), so i was thinking a similar reg change or whatever to open the link with a program.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, Acting
34,380 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.