Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope this is simple question to answer. I have an icon in the system tray which keeps asking me to update to Office XP SP3 and when I try to download it, I get a message which states the following :-

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removeable disk that is not available.

Insert the 'Microsoft Office XP Professional with Front Page' disk and click ok.

The problem is I don't have a disk to insert. Can I just uninstall this download, or is there another way to upgrade?

Many thanks.

Rob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Office XP SP3 Download - Quick Question

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running Office 10 for XP including Word, Excel and Powerpoint (all version 2002).

I tried your link below and downloaded the Office XP SP3 Fullfile executable and tried upgrading offline, but it is still looking for the disk. I read further instructions from your link and they suggested I would have to contact the original supplier to get the disc so it looks like this is what I'll have to do.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Rob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hi,

I couldn't find the Windows Update on the first page you were talking about (I'm easily confused) but, as if by magic, I managed to find the disc, and got the download.

Thanks for all your help anyway. Hopefully the info you've given will help in future when I have to get some Microsoft downloads and can't find the disc.

Rob.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

ah good for you, glad to hear it.

Please go to near top of this page and mark thread solved under thread tools please.

Also if you go to start, all programs it will be near top of list, either windows update icon to click on or microsoft updates icon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.