Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have tried to searech several times to see if there has been a previous post on this subject but keep getting the message

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/tsf/public_html/search.php on line 1011"

My problem was that for the past 4 days my Intel Core 2 Quad running Vista Home Premium 32 bit would not boot up. It stopped with a black screen/white text telling me the NVIDIA Boot failed. I have 3 screens connected in series and have previously had regular problems where the computer clears the screens telling me there was a graphics card problem but it did not shut down, simply closed the current application.

I found that I could enter the Boot Order screen but there seemed to be nothing wrong there. However, if I simply selected the existing Boot order (SATA 3 : ST3500620AS) and pressed ENTER the computer would continue and boot up OK. BUT when I next started the computer I had to go through the process again.

Eventually I went into the bios screen - Boot - Hard Disk Boot Priority and found the SATA 3 and SATA 4 orders had been reversed (how and when I do not know) so I put SATA 3 to the top and that has solved the problem.

Anyone had a similar experience?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.