Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm trying to copy some songs from my companies hardrive on my USB .When I insert the pendrive it only detects it ,however it is not appearing in MY Computer.My company might have put imposed some restriction on usage of pen drives .I have downloaded a lot of songs for my friends and now I cannot copy them .please help me in this matter .

siva..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: Non appearance in My Computer of pen drive

Due to the alarming amount of data theft and digital piracy it's only natural (and smart) that your company impose such a restriction. We can't help you defeat those security measures as it is against forum rules.

My advise is to talk to the IT staff or your boss about the songs and your wanting to transfer them. If it is only music and nothing of a company nature than they should have no problem letting you copy them.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Re: Non appearance in My Computer of pen drive

The IT people will have placed restrictions on all their computers to prevent the use of flash drives, and they will have logs showing all activity on all computers, including the attempted use of pendrives and any data transfers.

This is to prevent the spread of infections and the possible theft of company data. You'll have to ask one of the techs for permission before plugging in any devices. We can't offer any advice on bypassing these restictions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.