Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just re-installed Windows XP Home Edition, and everything runs sweet as a moose, and twice as fast as before, except I have no sound.

Being a bit of a noob, I'll try to give you as much information as I can.

I've got a custom-built PC. The Motherboard has "Albatron PX845E" printed on it. I assume this is the make and model?
I don't think I've got a separate sound card, though there are three cards in there. One I can identify as the graphics card, the other two I have no idea about.

I've gone through the troubleshooter thing to no avail. Going through Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices, I get told there's "No Audio Device" I've also tried two different sets of speakers. Still nothing.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: No sound after re-installing Windows XP

No joy, I'm afraid.

Does this mean it's probably a hardware problem and I should get a separate sound card?

It's definitely not the speakers, as I've just plugged them into the headphone socket in the CD drive, and I can play an audio CD.

·
Registered
23,001 Posts

What are those 3 cards?

If you don't know:
Download and run Everest.
That program will produce a list of what's inside your computer.
In Everest press Computer - then Summary. Save the report as plain text. Please post back, with that report as an attachment.

Where do you connect the speakers - to the motherboard or one of the cards?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Problem solved.

Re-installing windows again sorted things out. Doesn't explain what went wrong the first time, but hey.

Cheers guys,

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.