Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new hard drive (XP Home SP3) and all went well except I can't get IE to play online video's such as Youtube. It plays video's from a CD. Firefox plays everything without a problem. When I try to play a video in IE, I get a message that says:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of of Adobe's Flash Player".

I have installed a new copy of Java (I know Java and Javascript are not the same thing) and a new copy of Adobe Flash player, updated video and audio drivers from the mobo chipset manufacturer (Nvidia). Scripting is "enabled" in the security section and internet security is set to "medium" in IE "internet options". I started with IE6, then upgraded to IE7.

This computer is on a wireless network and the other two computers play the video's. I have followed (many times) instructions given on the net to turn on JavaScript.

I almost never use IE for anything, however, I would like for it to work.

Appreciate all suggestions

:4-dontkno

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SOLVED!!! I was checking out a few video sites when MTV says I need another plug-in for my Flash Player. I took a chance and downloaded it from their site and now everything works.

After changing half the settings on my computer, it all boiled down to a bad copy of Flash Player downloaded from the Adobe site. Go figger!

Don't know why Firefox worked but IE didn't, but anyway, it's fixed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.