Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if i delete whats on the d: recovery drive, can i just do another back up and there will be no harm done? i have alot of backup files in there and its says my disk space is low on d recovery drive. i just wanted to make sure it would not bother any of my fles on c drive and operating system.

· Registered
5,587 Posts
Re: Need help with recovery d drive

I would not recommend deleting (or formatting) any files assocaited with the Recovery D: Drive or partition. It is needed to restore Windows back to Factory Settings (Reinstall of WIndows). If this is not a Factory Restore partition if it is a WIndows backup (Image) then you can go ahead and delete any files you wish in D: it will not impact any files in the C: drive.

Question is it the D: drive a standalone HDD or a partition from C: and is it a factory recovery partition which will be about 4GB in size.

Give us a snapshot with Explorer (Computer) open.

· TSF Team, Emeritus
2,625 Posts

The recovery partition is for the exclusive us of the recovery system. You should not add or delete files or modify it's contents in any way. It is not for your use. I know that many people assign it a drive letter and use it for their own purposes but this is not recommended. This could prevent system recovery if that should become necessary.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

But the recovery partition on d: drive says the disk space is low and making my pc run slow. dont i need to delete something like back up files ?

· TSF Team, Emeritus
2,625 Posts

The state of the recovery partition will have no impact on system performance. To Windows the recovery partition is just another partition it knows nothing about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.