Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have just ran a new install of XP/sp2 and having problems getting my display right, so i went into Device manager and there is a yellow question mark on " Video Controller ", i ran the program Everest and clicked on the " PCI/AGP Video Controller " it says i have - S3 Trio3D/2X (86c362/86c368) Video Adapter, so i have been trying to hunt down the driver for this all afternoon with no success, so i am hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out.
My Motherboards Name is a - Gigabyte GA-6VM7A+
I am really confused with this, all my other drivers are fine.
Thanks in advance for any help,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Need help with Driver, please

Look like this is in the " to hard basket ", i noticed a lot of people viewed but no response, anyway i can't work it out, so i have a friend that's pretty cluey with computors, so i will ask him.
thanks anyway for looking guys.:wave:

·
Registered
9,639 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank you very much Bill, much appreciated.
Thanks again
Billye

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi Billy99,
Did the driver work or are you going for a different video card?
Thanks,
Bill
Unfortunately it didn't work, my friend who is pretty cluey on PCs tried too, but couldn't install a driver for it either, i think the second option is the way to go, it's an old video card and about time i updated it, thanks very much Bill for your interest it's really much appreciated.
Thank you
Billye :wave:

·
Registered
9,639 Posts

Just another thought. Did you download the 4 in 1 chipset driver and install it after your clean install? Here is a link:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=1444
Click on drivers and install the 4-1 chipset. You will need this regardless of the video card.
You still may need to update the video card, but do not go overboard. this is an older board and can handle a 2x AGP or PCI card (If a PCI slot is available).
Let us know how you make out.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

All is fine now thanks Bill, i left it with my friend, he said he put another old card in and installed it straight away, i have checked in device manager and its perfect [ no yellow question marks ] by the way, i did install the 4 in 1 drivers after straight after the reinstall of windows.
Thank you for all your help.
regards
Billye

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.