Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need help with this confusing network problem. First of all this network has a server in the office building and all the PC's in the office building can connect fine. But my problem comes when you go to the workshop which in a different building. All the PC's in the workshop building are connected to a switch and the switch is conneted to the office building switch where the server is. All the PC's can ping the server but the server cannot ping the workshop PC's apart from 2 of them and still cannot be pinged from anywhere in the workshop. But all the PC's can send and recieve mail and browse the internet.

I have tried to replace the workshop switch and connecting a PC straight to the switch with a new fly lead but it didnt help.

So please can anybody help?

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Re: Need advice on this network issue.

Not without more information. The switch model would be key information. Sounds like the switch is a managed switch and needs configuration...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sounds like the switch is a managed switch and needs configuration...
Yes i have checked that the original switch cant be configured because it is a normal switch and i tried replacing the switch but that didnt work.

Original switch: 3Com 24port
The one I tried: Planet 24port

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts

Like I said, the specific model of the switch would be key here. 3COM makes a LOT of different models with different capabilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.