Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have Toshiba satellite laptop with 2GB DDRII Ram, procesor 2Ghz.
My laptop is getting restart itself and i can't figure out why?

Things i have done:
Installed fresh windows 7
Ran bootrec /fixmbr /rebuildbcd / fixboot
TRIED TO RUN WINDOWS MEMORY DIAGNOSTIC but my laptop restarts in between 50%, doesn't let it finish everytime i run it :confused:

·
TSF - Enthusiast
2,437 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My laptop is restarting itself

No, sorry forgot to mention...this laptop is 2 years old. i haven't bought any new memory and its a single chip of 2GB.

Can an adapter be an issue? i feel its an Adapter issue :S

·
TSF - Enthusiast
2,437 Posts

No. You got new ram, new ram does not work. Does it work with old ram? If it does, it is the new ram.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No, i have not got new ram, its an old ram which i got it from original toshiba dealer.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Possibly overheating. Have you ever blown out the vents with compressed/canned air?
Boot to the Bios, check the Temps, let it idle for several minutes and see if the CPU Temp rises.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

What's the complete Model Number of the Toshiba?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Okay so i think i know its my Adapter. when i start my laptop when plugged out, it do not restart. And when i start it with plugged in, it restarts. But unfortunately my battery life is up to 5 mins only so gotta replace both of them.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Glad you got it sorted out and good luck.
What makes you think the battery is defective?
I would get a manufacturer replacement AC adapter and see if it will charge the battery before replacing the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No i dint mean that battery is defective. i figured out that adapter is defective.
Adapter plugged in = restarts at start-ur
Adapter plugged out = do not restart.
as i cant use laptop for more than 5 mins so i have to plug adapter back in then it restarts after few minutes and sometimes it do not restart for longer period. i think there is a fluctuation of volts within adapter.
Right?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Okay so i think i know its my Adapter. when i start my laptop when plugged out, it do not restart. And when i start it with plugged in, it restarts. But unfortunately my battery life is up to 5 mins only so gotta replace both of them.

Hello i have same problem but i don't think it is adapter problem..I can run my laptop in safe mode also with adpater without any problems.. But when i try to log on in normal mode with adapter laptop restarted itself...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.